Agenda Day 2
8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration and Coffee
9:00 am - 9:10 am Chairperson's Welcome
9:10 am - 9:45 am Leveraging Advanced Analytics & AI to Exploit Data and Improve Organisational OutcomesPeter Thomas - Senior Manager, Regulatory Technology, Bank of England
- Market snapshot: What is happening in the market right now and how is it anticipated to change in the future
- Department overview and objectives: Collecting, exploring, analysing and managing quality data to improve organisational outcomes
- Challenges of operating in a public organisation: Demonstrating ROI, culture and change management
- Find and fix: Exploring regtech and suptech that can solve the bank’s unique problems
- Turning fun proofs of concept into organisation wide solutions
Peter ThomasSenior Manager, Regulatory Technology
Bank of England
9:45 am - 10:20 am Identifying and Selecting the Right Use Cases for ExperimentationMartin Thorn - Senior Manager – Decisioning Analytics & AI, CYBG
- The importance of demystifying technology within the bank's culture to secure buy-in and drive pilot projects forward
- Defining experimentation criteria: What should they focus on, what can it do and selecting use cases
- Analysing internal capabilities and benefits analysis: Internal technology development vs. external vendors
- Rapid prototyping: Moving from successful proofs of concept to full scale production
Martin ThornSenior Manager – Decisioning Analytics & AI
10:20 am - 10:50 am Morning Coffee and Networking Break
10:50 am - 11:25 am Scaling Advanced Analytics and AI Projects throughout the EnterpriseNeil Taylor - Head of Data & Systems, Liv-Ex
- Highlighting the benefits of AA & AI scalability: Speed and quality
- Identifying and selecting the right AI pilot projects and implementing them effectively
- Finding the right partner: Experience with scaling up, flexibility and AI expertise
- Successfully transitioning from proof of concept to full scale production
- Continuously measuring success and optimisation the project
Neil TaylorHead of Data & Systems
11:25 am - 12:25 pm Panel Discussion: Strategies to Move from Proof of Concepts into DeploymentMartin Thorn - Senior Manager – Decisioning Analytics & AI, CYBG
Gaye Soykok - Head of Emerging Technologies, Legal & General
Huma Lodhi - Principal Data Scientist, Direct Line Group
Stephen Magora - Director, Data Analytics, Credit Suisse
Yehuda Dayan - Co-Head of the Research Innovation Lab/Manager Big Data Analytics, Citi
- What are the fundamental stages an organisation will go through on their journey to scale AA & AI projects
- How can you ensure the right culture, skills and leadership team are driving new initiatives?
- How do you build the business case, secure buy-in and secure budget?
- How do you ensure the right use cases are chosen to build value quickly with your stakeholders?
- What are the common pitfalls and obstacles that keep AA & AI projects from progressing to through to the next stage
- How can you overcome specific integration, security and support challenges?
- What tips can you share to scale successful projects?
- What should be considered when selecting technology suppliers?
- How do you measure your organisations progress with AA & AI projects?
Martin ThornSenior Manager – Decisioning Analytics & AI
Gaye SoykokHead of Emerging Technologies
Legal & General
Huma LodhiPrincipal Data Scientist
Direct Line Group
Stephen MagoraDirector, Data Analytics
Yehuda DayanCo-Head of the Research Innovation Lab/Manager Big Data Analytics
12:25 pm - 1:25 pm Lunch and Networking Break
1:25 pm - 2:00 pm Interactive Roundtable Discussion: Creating and Developing an AI Roadmap
This interactive session will provide a platform for collaborative discussion and problem solving to ensure you have the necessary tools to develop an affective AI roadmap. You will break into five groups and have 25 minutes to solve your dedicated problem and/or develop a strategy to manage it. Each group will then provide a two minute summary to the entire audience sharing their key discussion points and takeaways.
- How can you identify key stakeholders within the business and ensure you secure leadership support?
- How do you ensure that the organisation remains realistic about their capabilities, timelines and budget required to make a positive impact?
- How can you identify ad define the business problem and challenges that could potentially be solved using AI technologies?
- How can you ensure data quality is at optimum levels to build unbiased and accurate models?
- How can you ensure you continuously validate the AI model and re-tuning it to maximise the potential?
2:00 pm - 2:35 pm Implementation of Analytics in Internal Audit FunctionMilica Lazic - Head of Business Audit and Analytics, Julius Baer
- Understanding how analytics can transform internal audit
- Critical success factors: Ensuring the right people with the right skills are on board
- Strategy development and creating a roadmap to success
- Technology selection and project implementation
- Reviewing successful use cases within the bank and future plans to scale them across different departments
Milica LazicHead of Business Audit and Analytics
2:35 pm - 3:05 pm Afternoon Tea and Networking Break
3:05 pm - 3:40 pm An Intelligent Automation Journey: Business Case, ROI, Roadmap, Testing and Next StepsRashmi SHROFF - FSO Transformation Plan Deputy Program Director, Societe Generale
- How is the banking industry currently automating processes, how is RPA being utilised and how will it continue to mature in the future?
- Demonstrating the true value of automation and what are the expectations from the investment
- Outlining the key technologies and the main players in the market
- How SGSS started their thought process for adopting RPA for securities business:
- What were the pain points that led to RPA;
- How did we organize to develop the BOTS within the firm;
- What were the major challenges, what was the gap between the expectations and the results;
- Results, lessons learned and next steps
Rashmi SHROFFFSO Transformation Plan Deputy Program Director
3:40 pm - 4:15 pm Advanced Analytics to Improve Loyalty and EngagementUmran Rafi - Head of Digital Data, Santander
- The importance of agility: Maintaining pace in a fast moving technology market and keeping abreast of customer’s changing needs and priorities
- Viewing all interaction points along the customer journey to achieve a single view of the customer
- Unlocking the value from customer data to identify trends, history and customer profile to understand your customers’ needs and grow lifetime value
- Developing the right architecture and selecting the right vendors to collect and analyse important behavioural insights
Umran RafiHead of Digital Data